How to get to Great Keppel Island
Finding your way to Great Keppel Island will always take you through Rockhampton. It is the capital of Central Queensland and is located 40 kilometres or approximately 45 minutes drive from Yeppoon on the Capricorn Coast.
Transport to Rockhampton, Queensland will be by private car, Qantas or Virgin Australia, Greyhound or Premier Buses and Queensland Rail.
Transport from Rockhampton to Rosslyn Bay Harbour can be by:
Take the Yeppoon-Rockhampton road turnoff, just north of Rockhampton from the Bruce Highway. A 30-minute drive will bring you to Yeppoon and the Capricorn Coast. Turn right along the Scenic Highway (The Capricorn Coast Tourist Organisation office is just on your left). After a short ten minute drive you will be at the Rosslyn Bay Harbour turnoff (Great Keppel Island Security Car Park is on your right – phone 07 4933 6670).
- Little Johnny’s tours and rentals – phone 0414 793 637 or firstname.lastname@example.org »
- Young’s Buses – phone 07 4922 3810 or email: email@example.com »
The best way to get to GKI Hideway is via Keppel Konnections.
Other boat operators
- Keppel Konnections phone 07 4939 5404 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Freedom Fast Cat Cruises phone 07 4933 6888 or email@example.com »
- Funtastic Cruises phone 04 3890 9502 or firstname.lastname@example.org »
- Sail Capricornia phone 0402 102 373 or email@example.com »
Or by Air
- Peace Aviation phone 07 4922 7055 or firstname.lastname@example.org »
- Stock Air Heliworks phone 0439798258
- Heli-Central 0413 275 773
From Rockhampton, travel to Yeppoon, and then to Rosslyn Bay (40kms drive).